I have a virtual closet full of clothes and not a thing to wear. It’s been weeks of a whole lot of (almost) nothing at all for me…and despite my best efforts, I am quite literally topless. Apologies. Even favorites like Collabor88 and Kustom9 didn’t deliver much for me fashion-wise. How many micro skirts can one person actually want? Just sayin’. Instead, I have been playing with my new heads from LeLutka.
This is Zora once again. Maybe not traditionally “pretty” on my avatar, but quite beautiful, if that makes sense. I am really enjoying the different looks.
Separately, I have one more week at home in Boston before I temporarily leave while my upstairs bathroom is gutted and redone. I don’t know how much I will be back and forth for a month or so. Maybe I will find a top to put on in the meantime?
My biggest style icon of all time is Jenna Lyons (27 years at J Crew fame). She inspires a ton of my own personal fashion and home style, although she’s decidedly edgier than I will ever be. Jenna’s the one who taught me how to wear an orange tulle midi skirt with a t-shirt and jean jacket IRL. Anywayyyyyy, if you’re also a Jenna Lyons fan then you may be familiar with some of the meta fashion ideas she uses. One of those is “high-low” and that’s what inspired today’s style.
High-Low mixes one high-end item to two low-end or more accessible pieces. Or that’s the general formula, I think. So if I consider the “cashmere” coat on my avatar’s arm a high piece (let’s pretend, ok?), then the mesh tee is one of the lows. If my bespoke earrings are high, then my simple brooch is low. Other principles I like and use a lot IRL are dressing up jeans and probably my fave of all time, monochrome. Obviously.
Not incidentally, I am wearing LeLutka Irina today. I so appreciate a strong, almost angular face (unlike my IRL genetics, sadly) so I am enjoying her very much. This is an older Skinnery skin so the nose and eyes aren’t really a perfect fit, but I still liked the effect. I would like to soften my shape in the future once I find a suitable BoM skin for her. TBH, I haven’t really looked yet.
You can see the whole head-to-toe look in the credits.
New face, two ways. I chose “Zora” as my first experiment with the three new female heads from LeLutka. I was drawn to Zora’s strong nose in particular, but I am not yet happy with my shape adjustments. You know, I am forever chasing a head that looks like Korina…a head that gives me that “YES, THAT’S IT!” feeling like Simone and Korina. But I keep trying! Of the three heads, I picked up Zora and Irina.
In the first snap, I am wearing a new BoM skin from Lara Hurley (Zoey) + HD eyebrows from the LeLutka hud. In the second, I’m wearing Egozy Babe, which is my absolute favorite BoM skin for Evo heads, so far.
LeLutka has a rich inventory of new Evo heads at a ridiculously good price point compared to other brands. No other head maker comes anywhere close to what they offer IMO. I think all the questions I once asked here about Evolution have been answered (almost one year ago, actually). LeLutka is (and has been) back! And I will be back in Irina next.
I really wanted to blog something new, but I just haven’t seen anything that’s interested me on the fashion side. In fact, I have seriously considered deleting my whole “to blog” folder and starting fresh. But before I head out to C88 where I will hopefully find something perfect, I decided to inventory dive and shop my own stash. I quite like how it turned out.
I started with one of my old favorite structured blouses, treasured from before fitted mesh was even a thing. I can still get away with the S or XS sizes depending on what else I am wearing. Do you know where it’s from? Can you name other pieces before hitting the credits? I hope you enjoy! Only my BoM skin and hair are very new.
I had to title this post according to the fact that *most* (though not all) of what I am wearing is “old.” Old in SL terms is like 3 weeks but REALLY old is like 1+ years or so, IMO. In this case, I guess many of these items would be considered positively ancient.
But how could I forget great pieces like these trousers from Baiastice, bag from Zenith, loop scarf from Enfant Terrible, coat from C’est la vie, and glasses from...wow, where did I get these anyway? Izzie’s! I got them at Izzie’s!
Forget Me Not a chance!
This year – and every year TBH – SL provided an important respite from the stresses of IRL. I am always down to play dress-up and I continue to find that SL allows me to be creative in ways that scratch an almost unreachable style itch. So here’s my “best of” the year list – SL style.
My Personal “Best of 2020” in SL Style
- Maitreya Lara Petite was such a great launch for me. Finally, I can be the little wisp of an avatar that I prefer – and not have accompanying boobs that rival Halsey’s. I love the new Petite add-on and hope that more of my favorite creators will size for it in 2021. Hats off to COCO, Fleur and erratic for already doing so!
- BoM everything! Last year, I had only just discovered how to utilize BoM and I primarily used it for rediscovering old skins on new heads. This year, I learned how to use BoM elsewhere and hope to get better at it in the new year.
- My lack of instant love (so far) for the newer line of LeLutka Evo heads is well-documented. However, I absolutely LOVE the new Evolution eyebrows that are exclusive to that line. I have only just begun to play but with a few more customization options (shape/color), I will fully-retire my classic heads. Maybe.
- Another feature exclusive to the Evo line is HD makeup. I heart, big time. HD makeup + big, beautiful brows = my sincere desire to fall in love with an Evo head!
- The good news is I DO very much enjoy my LeLutka Nova head because I found a BoM skin that I absolutely adore. Babe from Egozy is a look I could wear day in and day out. In fact, I love it so much, I went back for a second tone a month or so after I bought it and then went in for the full fatpack just this month, which set me back almost $8k!! I almost never do that with skins anymore.
- On the other end of my avatar, I am currently decluttering my shoe collection in SL (not IRL – omg!) and I find my favorite footwear in almost every category comes from [Gos].
- I really enjoyed using backdrops and props from Minimal, in addition to my usual stark white backgrounds. The creator that used to supply a lot of my jewelry is now tops when it comes to considering a background for the styles on DeuxLooks.
- And finally, my main “bests” for 2020 continue to be shopping my own stash of SL treasures that I collect and organize for reuse across years (and in some cases, decades). It’s a lot easier to over-accessorize when you have thousands of treasures tucked away to choose from. I’m glad I have gotten better at collecting only the pieces that stand the test of time.
With that, I wish you a healthy, happy New Year in SL and your IRL. May 2021 bring us all a chance to exhale and be hopeful!